Multiple messaging suppliers offer the possibility to freely create an email address. There are many advantages to having a Gmail account. You can create a Gmail address from any device: smartphone, pc, tablet… Gmail also allows you to consult messages coming from other mailboxes.
Why create a Gmail address?
Owning an email address is now inevitable whether it is used for personal or professional reasons. Nevertheless, it becomes hard to choose the best provider with so many available webmails. Gmail is a prime tool, easy to use, which allows you to efficiently navigate through your emails.
Hence, Google is without a doubt one of the best search engines. You can make considerable time gains by using this research tool when creating a Gmail address. Additionally, Gmail is equipped with many other functions.
Thanks to the efficient anti-spam filter, you will only receive important messages in your Inbox. Gmail also has a tab reserved for social media and another one dedicated to promotions. Therefore, newsletters and messages received from different social media do not land in your inbox.
Moreover, your Gmail account is automatically synchronized to all the devices used. You can then easily send heavy files, sort your messages with tags, create default answers and an automatic signature. Finally, you can store and share documents online with Google Drive.
How do I create a Gmail account?
To create your Gmail mailbox, there is nothing easier! Here are a few simple steps that will allow you to access this mailbox :
- From your browser, go to the Gmail registration page.
- Enter the necessary information for the creation of your Gmail account (email address, password, first name…)
- Enter additional information for the creation of your Google Account (phone number, address, date of birth …)
- If you’ve added your phone number, then you’ll be able to add Two-factor authentication to your Gmail account. Your Gmail account will be more secure since you’ll need to enter your password and verify a code per mobile phone for each new login. We strongly recommend that you take this option.
- Enter your phone number, then click Send.
- Then enter the verification code received by a message
- You can then choose whether you want Google to use your number to improve its services.
- You’ve created your Gmail account!
Also read: Signing in to my Gmail inbox
How do I properly set up my Gmail account after creating it?
Once you’ve created your Gmail account, it’s essential that you set it up properly to view all emails from different email providers. This also makes it easier to clean your mailbox and optimizes the security of your personal data.
Gaining access to all your accounts, even those from different suppliers, increases your efficiency and productivity.
Firstly, modify the parameters of your Gmail account and it must possess a POP access.
- Connect to the Gmail address on which you wish to receive the entirety of your messages.
- Click on Settings at the top right corner
- Click on the Transfer and POP/IMAP tab
- In the POP download section, choose Activate the POP protocol for all messages
- Click on Save at the bottom of the page
Afterwards, you need to modify the settings of your Gmail account:
- Click once more on Settings
- Select the Account and import and Account tab
- Click on Import mails and contacts
- Follow the displayed procedure
- Click on Start import
Automatically clean a Gmail mailbox
Even though Gmail offers the possibility to save an important number of emails, it is important to regularly clean your mailbox. By doing so, you optimize its efficiency and gain storage space on your hard drive.
Cleanfox is a free software designed to easily clean your Gmail mailbox. The tool was designed to delete undesirable emails and unsubscribe from unnecessary newsletters. Link Cleanfox to your account and clean it in a single click!