Multiple webmails offering a free messaging service exist and Hotmail is one of them. This service built by Microsoft was replaced in 2013 by Outlook. And with it, you can efficiently and easily manage your emails. Nevertheless, do not forget to regularly clean your mailbox in order to increase its performance. The free software Cleanfox enables you to delete undesirable emails and permanently unsubscribe useless newsletters.
Properly configure your Hotmail mailbox
It is possible to modify the settings of your Outlook account in order to consult and manage the entirety of your emails in one place, hence giving you a precious time gaim. Thus, you can link your Windows Live or your Hotmail mailbox to Outlook. In order to do so, you must start by configuring Microsoft Outlook Connector. Please carefully read the following procedure:
- Start Outlook
- A Microsoft Office Outlook Connector window appears
- Type in your email address and the associated password
- Enter the name that appears in your messages
- Tick the box “Remember my password” and click on OK
- The new account was added to Outlook
- Click on OK and restart Outlook
With Outlook, you can also set up alternate email addresses for sending messages. Thus, you can own up to 15 nicknames for your email address and collect messages from your POP accounts.
Manually delete your emails
To manually delete the emails on Outlook, follow these instructions:
- Select the messages you wish to delete
- Click on Delete above the reading pane
The deleted message will then be moved to the deleted files folder. In order to permanently erase it:
- Go to the deleted files folder
- Select the message
- Click on the x tab and select the delete option
You can also empty your inbox:
- Tick the box above the list of emails
- In the reading pane, select “Empty the folder”
- Then empty the deleted files folder. Above the list of messages, select “Empty the folder”
When using a web browser on your mobile phone:
- Tap and hold the email to select it
- Choose the “Select” key at the very top of the page
- Select the trash icon to delete all the selected elements
Clean your mailbox with Cleanfox
Cleaning your mailbox helps optimizing its performances and gain storage space. You also gain in productivity and efficiency. Also, it represents an eco-friendly gesture since the stored emails are a source of numerical pollution.
Manually deleting your emails is time consuming and requires a certain level of focus in order to efficiently delete the useless emails. The best option is to choose Cleanfox, a free and efficient tool which makes deleting emails easy. This tool enables you to clean your mailbox, delete the undesirable emails and unsubscribe from uninteresting newsletters.
In order to use Cleanfox, you must link it to your mailbox. The software will then proceed to a thorough scan of your mailbox. Afterwards, this tool will sort your messages by sender. In only a few minutes, every old email, spam and newsletters will be displayed on your screen.
Cleanfox gives you the possibility to delete them and/or to keep them. You can choose between these three options in a single click. Once your mailbox is cleaned, Cleanfox gives you statistics relative to your eco-friendly action by indicating the quantity of CO2 consumed and the number of trees you helped planting.