Twitter is one of the most used social medias by particulars and professionals. Like every other social media, Twitter sends notifications and newsletters which can easily become cumbersome. Do you wish to stop receiving this type of email or do you want to delete your Twitter account? Find out how to do so in the following article.
Stop receiving notifications from Twitter
Receiving countless notifications by email from Twitter can be annoying. Fortunately, it is possible to customize the notifications from Twitter based on specific criteria, just like Facebook.
- Access your account’s settings by clicking on your profile picture at the top right corner of your screen. Additionally, you can do the same by clicking on the gear button on your mobile application
- Click on “Email notifications”
- Untick the “Send me an email for new notifications” box
- The advanced filters allow you to mask the notifications coming from:
- Users you do not follow
- Users that do not follow you
- Users that have a default profile picture
- Users with a new account
- Users that have not confirmed their email address
- Users that have not confirmed their phone number
How to delete Twitter’s newsletters?
Are you tired of seeing your mailbox drowned in newsletters from Twitter? In order to delete them you simply need to tick the box to the left of every email and click on the trash icon above the emails.
Some mailboxes like Gmail have a button above the message to unsubscribe from newsletters. Thus, you simply need to open a newsletter and click on the “unsubscribe” link.
Automatically delete the Twitter newsletters with Cleanfox
Cleanfox is a free software that is capable of automatically deleting newsletters coming from social medias such as Twitter. Hence, this anti-spam software is practical and easy to use. Cleanfox cleans your mailbox of all the useless emails in a single click.
Connect your mailbox to Cleanfox, which will quickly scan all the newsletters based on their senders. Then, you can have an overview of every newsletter coming from Twitter or other mailboxes and unsubscribe in a single click.
How to delete your Twitter account
In order to definitely delete your Twitter account, please follow these instructions:
- Connect to your account from your web browser
- Click on “settings and confidentiality” in the drop-down menu under your profile icon.
- In the main account tab, click on “Deactivate the account” at the bottom of the page.
- Then click on Deactivate@username.
- Type in your password
- Confirm by clicking on “Deactivate the account”
Moreover, it is important to know that it is not absolutely necessary to deactivate your Twitter account if you just want to modify your username or email address. All you need to do is replace them in your account parameters.
Once deleted, your account won’t be available anymore on all of your devices (PC, telephone, tablet…). Twitter offers the possibility to restore your account without any loss of data but only 30 days following your account’s deletion.
To restore your account, you just need to connect once more using your username and password.
Once the 30 days are over, your account’s data will be completely deleted.