Are you looking to delete a Gmail account? This will lead to the deletion of every email associated to the mailbox. Also, no one will ever be able to access the email address once the deletion is validated.
Hence, before starting the process, make sure to let all of your contacts know and save all your important files. Please follow these steps in order to delete a Gmail account.
Why delete a Gmail account?
The deletion of a Gmail account can be motivated by two main reasons:
- You don’t necessarily regularly use your mailbox because you resort to the email address associated to another mailbox.
- You do not agree with Google’s confidentiality politics
The steps to deleting your Gmail account
To definitely delete your Gmail account:
- Connect to your account
- Click on the Google icon, on the top right part of your screen, to open the drop-down menu.
- Click on “My account”
- Click on “Delete your account and services” in “My account preferences”
- Click on “Delete the Google account and the associated data” in the following page
- Type in your password
Then, you will be redirected to a page containing information. Take the time to read them and:
- Tick the 2 boxes further below to accept Gmail’s terms.
Click on “Delete the account” to finish.
Eliminate newsletters from your Gmail account
It is now possible to unsubscribe from newsletters on Gmail in a single click. This function is displayed next to the sender’s address. Hence, it is not necessary anymore to look from the unsubscription link inside the newsletters.
If you wish to go further and delete all the cumbersome emails, know that a tool exists to take care of the situation in the blink of an eye. It is Cleanfox! Fast and efficient, our tool is not only limited to Gmail. Indeed, it also enables you to sort almost any mailbox.
Moreover, Cleanfox is also formidable against social medias notifications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) and advertising emails from e-commerce websites (Amazon, Cdiscount, Groupon, etc.).
The alternatives to Gmail
With no less than 1,5 billion users worldwide, Gmail is without a doubt one of the leaders of electronic messaging. However, other services are as efficient for receiving and sending emails. Here is a list of some of them:
- Yahoo: Yahoo is a serious competitor of Gmail. Its main advantage lies in its 1TB storage space.
- Outlook (Previously Hotmail): Available as a webmail, mobile app or directly integrated to your computer, the Microsoft mailbox permits an ease of management of emails.
- ProtonMail: Secured and respecting privacy, this mailbox entails a free offer adapted to a personal use. Although, unlocking the entirety of functionalities like encrypted emails will cost you a couple of euros.
- Zoho Mail: This paying mailbox is a perfect match for professionals because it allows the use of special domains in email addresses and can be integrated to a CRM tool. It is secured and preserves privacy.