Creating a Hotmail email address is both fast and easy. Please find the required steps and the advantages provided by this mailbox in the following article. Beforehand, let us learn a little bit about Hotmail’s history.
Outlook / Live / MSN
MSN was launched on August 24 1994 by Microsoft. Even after evolving over the years, Microsoft always kept their trademark: Messenger. Indeed, MSN changed name multiples times. It was originally named Hotmail, it then became Windows Live Mail before finally transforming into Outlook.
However, the given name doesn’t matter much. It is important to note that other than messaging MSN also allows you to access the daily important news.
Why create a Hotmail email address?
Hotmail gives you access to a free email address. You then have the possibility to access it from France and abroad. Furthermore, your emails security is guaranteed by Microsoft thanks to anti-viruses, anti-spams and anti-phishing tools.
Additionally, The Hotmail inbox allows you to connect from any Windows Live ID Website. Moreover, you can use your username to access MSN Messenger, MSN Music or Xbox Live.
Besides, the free email account reveals to be very beneficial, whether you are a particular or a professional.
Connect to Hotmail
In order to connect to Hotmail, an account must first be opened:
- Go to the Hotmail registration page
- Create a username and check its availability
- Complete the “Create your password” and “Create your password reset options” in the specified fields.
- Also complete the “Account information” field
- Type down the serie of numbers and letters in the “Verification” field and click on “I agree” at the bottom of the page.
Set up a Hotmail account
Once your Hotmail account is created, you need to set it up in order to receive emails:
- Open your inbox
- Click on “Options” at the top right
- Select “More options”
- Open “Account management” then click on “Receive and send messages from other mailboxes”
- Click on “You can receive mails from these accounts” then on “add another email address”
- Click on “Advanced options” then complete the required information (address, username, Hotmail password, etc.)
- Verify that the box “This server requires a secured connexion (SSL)” is not ticked and the port should be 110
- Select “Leave a copy of my messages on the server” in order to read your messages on Outlook or other mailboxes.
- Click on “Next”
- Choose the folder that will hold all your incoming messages.
- Click on “Save”
Automatically clean a Hotmail mailbox
You will need to regularly clean your Hotmail mailbox for an efficient management of your messages. Think smart and use Cleanfox if you are lacking time.
Your automatic mailbox cleaner will sort your messages out in no time. Thus, you won’t have to manually delete your newsletters or other advertising emails.
Our tool’s advantage lies in its compatibility with almost every mailbox:
Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail, etc.