How can you delete a Twitter account?
Contrary to other social media, Twitter allows its users to delete their accounts. Nevertheless, this deactivation process is not an immediate one. Indeed, The procedure comes with a delay. Find the way to delete a Twitter account in the following article.
Unsubscribe from Twitter
Taking into account the fact that you might want to come back without changer your username after having deleted your account, the social media Twitter offers the possibility to close and create an account.
How to delete your Twitter account on the website?
It is possible to delete your account through the Twitter website and here is how to do so:
- Connect through the web navigator to the account you desire to close
- Click on “Settings”
- In “account”, you need to look at the bottom of the page and click on the link “Deactivate my account”
- Enter your password to confirm the deactivation
How to delete your Twitter account through the application?
It is also possible to delete a Twitter account through the microbloging’s application. It is important to note that this procedure will not permanently delete your account. On the other hand, this will allow you to uninstall it from your phone. If this is what you are looking for, read the following steps:
- Launch the Twitter application on your smartphone
- Type in your username and password
- Cliquer on “Me”, at the bottom right corner, in order to display your account information
- Click on “Account”, the button should display two silhouettes.
- Select your account and slide to the left in order to display the “Delete” option
- Click on it, you are then automatically redirected to the connexion page.
- Make sure that your account has really been deleted by going on your phone’s home screen and clicking on “Settings”
- Open the application once more: If the username and password slots are empty, your account has indeed been deleted
Twitter account deletion delay
When deleting an account, Twitter first deactivates it for a period of 30 days. The account will definitely be deleted once that delay is over. Note that this is the case only if you deleted your account directly from the Twitter website.
Your account’s information are kept for 30 days. If you change your mind during this 30 days delay, all you need to do is connect to Twitter using your username and password. Your deletion process will then automatically be cancelled.
Delete Twitter’s notifications in a single click
Are you tired of seeing your screen drowned by social media notifications? If you are not looking to deactivate your Twitter account whatsoever, know that it is still possible to avoid the spam of useless emails. In order to so, you should resort to Cleanfox.
Our tool allows you to unsubscribe from Twitter and Facebook emails in no time.
Practical and efficient, this anti-spam tool rids also rids you of all your advertising emails from e-commerce websites such as Cdiscount, PriceMinister, Amazon, etc.