How to customize your mailbox?
It is possible to change the appearance of your mailbox by changing the background, the color, by adding a signature to your emails or by creating answer models. This also allows you to better organize your emails and gain time. Additionally, do not forget to regularly clean your mailbox in order to optimize its performance.
Change the appearance of your mailbox
Modifying the interface of your mailbox makes it easier to write and organize your emails.
Change the appearance of your mailbox on Gmail
Follow these instructions:
- Click on the gear above on the right of the main window
- In the drop down menu, click on Themes
- Choose an image that you like
- For more choice, click on more images
- IF you wish to use an image stored on your hard drive, you simply need to click below on the right of My pictures
- The gray icons below the window “Choose a theme” allows you to customize the background color of your emails, add a vignetting effect or apply a background to the image chosen
Change the appearance of your mailbox on Hotmail
On Hotmail or Outlook, you can sort your emails in folders.
- At the top of the email list, select Filters, then Sort by.
- Choose the type of sorting between the different options: Date, Since, weight, importance, subject
- In order to sort your emails by conversations in your parameters, then fast parameters, select Recent messages in first or Recent messages in last
Add a signature to your emails
In order to avoid typing your personal coordinates, use the automatic signature. It is a short personalized text at the end of every email. It is similar to a web visit card and contains information about the sender: last name, first name, job, name and logo of the company, phone number, postal and electronic address.
It can also contain the website’s address and/or company blog, icones sending back to your other social medias. Finally, you can also insert an image or a hyperlink sending to your latest article.
Fill in your personal information
In order to add personal informations on the emails sent, do as follows:
- Click on the gear at the top right corner of your screen and click on Other settings
- Under Messages, click on format, police then signature
- In the editor, choose between the 3 different modes: HTML, Raw text or rich text
- Click on the gear at the top right corner of your screen then on Settings
- Under the main tab, go down until finding Signature
- Deactivate the option Insert a signature before the previous message text and delete the line – that precedes in order to avoid repeating the signature every time.
Configure the security of your mailbox
Configuring the security of your mailbox by blocking the access to senders of undesirable emails or by creating a list for addresses that send important emails. Modify the settings of your account makes you gain in time and efficiency.
Organize your mailbox
Organizing your mailbox means deleting undesirable emails, old and useless newsletters.