Have you decided to create a Hotmail/Outlook account and since then, you haven’t stopped receiving advertising emails? It is quite possible to optimize the performance of your spam filter to receive as few unwanted emails as possible. Clean your mailbox by deleting this type of message and unsubscribing from newsletters you do not read. All this allows you to optimize your free messaging service. Discover how to stop receiving spams in your hotmail inbox.
What is a spam?
A spam is an advertising email sent by a professional or an individual to people who have not given their prior consent. Additionally, spams create an individual nuisance and consumes computer resources. By replying to spam or clicking on the instructions in the email, you confirm your address. Unlike newsletters, spams do not contain an unsubscription link and the sender’s address is not valid.
Thus, spammers can send advertisements for miracle products, pornographic services, virus warnings, etc. They can also steal your personal data (login details, password, credit card number, etc.). This last phenomenon is called phishing.
Moreover, you may also be asked to recover millions of euros in exchange for a percentage. In the event that a spammer impersonates you, you will receive non-delivery messages from emails that you have not sent.
How to protect your Hotmail mailbox from spams?
You have too many spams in your hotmail inbox ? The level of filter protection for undesirable emails on Outlook is set on “No automatic filter” by default. Therefore, you should review your level of protection In order to receive less spams.
1. Click on Home > Delete the group > Undesirable email > Undesirable emails option
2. Choose the desired level of protection between the available options:
● No automatic filter: the emails you receive will be evaluated on the domain name and blocked senders
● Weak: Choose this option if you receive few spams and only wish to filter those that are clearly undesirable
● High: Choose this option if you receive a lot of undesirable emails but still want to allow access to senders other than those in your approved list. Regularly verify your emails to make sure that no important messages has been filtered.
● Approved list only: This is the most restrictive option. You only receive emails from people in your list of approved senders. All emails not from this list are considered undesirable.
Messages that you do not wish to receive will automatically be redirected to the spam folder. If you want to permanently delete them, without having to consult them first:
1. Go to the “Undesirable emails
2. On the Options tab, select permanently “Delete” the suspicious email instead of sending it to the undesirable emails folder
Clean your newsletters with application Cleanfox
Many consider newsletters to be undesirable emails, especially when they do not remember subscribing or unsubscribing. To receive as few newsletters as possible, it is advisable not to follow up on the forms that appear on the screen when you visit websites. If you have subscribed to irrelevant newsletters, unsubscribe using Cleanfox. This free software allows you to delete spam and unsubscribe from newsletters in record time. Simply associate it with your Hotmail mailbox.